Windows 10 to Arrive July 29
Windows 10 is coming July 29. The software is free during the first year if you’re upgrading a new or existing Windows 7, or Windows 8.1 device. You also will only have a full year from release date to take advantage of the free upgrade offer. Be warned that Windows XP and older systems are not compatible with Windows 10 however, so if you are still running Windows XP or older systems, you will have to buy Windows 10 and start from scratch.
Is Windows 10 worth getting?
Microsoft has promised the following:
- PCs will boot up and run apps faster, while remaining more secure
- Longer battery life for laptops
- Start Menu gains “live tiles” and is fully customizable
- New Edge browser that pushes Internet Explorer into retirement
- A virtual voice assistant, Cortana, is at your beck and call
- On some systems, you’ll be able to log in with your face, iris or fingerprint.
- Fresh version of Office
- Improved support for gamers
- New built-in Photos, Maps, Music and other apps that will universally run across the entire Windows 10 ecosystem: PCs, tablets, phones, Xbox One.
Microsoft has assured that upgrading to Windows 10 will be much easier than the past experiences. SaalexIT has performed many Windows upgrades and can carry this experience and skill to the Windows 10 upgrade, which has been promised to be less jarring and radical than the Windows 8 upgrade.
Need help understanding and upgrading to Windows 10? SaalexIT can help you navigate through these changes.
Saalex Information Technology (SaalexIT) is a Microsoft Certified Partner that can help you figure out the right IT solution for your organization. Contact one of our IT regional offices, California (805) 222-4977 or Florida (321) 604-6165 or check out our website for a full list of our offered services.