At Microsoft, we’re motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what’s most important to them.
We run our business in much the same way, and believe our eight business divisions offer the greatest potential to serve our customers. They are:
- Online Services Division: Microsoft’s search, portal, advertising and personal communications services, including online information offerings such as Bing and the MSN portals and channels.
- Server and Tools Business: Microsoft infrastructure software, developer tools and cloud platform, including products such as Windows Server, SQL Server, Visual Studio, System Center and the Windows Azure Platform.
- Microsoft Business Solutions: A portfolio of Microsoft Dynamics products and services, as well as Microsoft Health Solutions.
- Microsoft Office Division: Productivity products and services, including Office, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Project, Visio, and Microsoft’s speech technology investments.
- Interactive Entertainment Business: Key entertainment experiences that span gaming, music and video across multiple screens, including Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, the controller-free Kinect for Xbox 360, Zune Music and Video, and Mediaroom, as well as PC and mobile interactive entertainment.
- Windows Phone Division: Microsoft software and services for Windows Phones worldwide.
- Windows & Windows Live Division: All Windows businesses, including Windows, Windows Live and Internet Explorer.
- Skype: A division of Microsoft, transforming communications for computers, mobile devices and the connected living room.